- Making a Freedom of Information request
- About Freedom of Information
- Environmental information regulations
- Our publication scheme
- Information requests
Trade Unions accommodation and costs
FOI request reference: F0037547
1. Please provide details of any office accommodation your organisation provides to staff to carry out trade union business. Please include details of
• space measured in square feet, how much of this space is contained within entirely separate buildings (i.e. occupied solely by staff carrying out trade union business)
• whether a professional valuation of the market rental value of the space has been sought either in-house or externally, and if so, what the valuation of the space was any charges the council levy for office space given to trade unions.
2. Please advise any estimates for other costs met for those staff on trade union facility time apart from salaries - including travel expenses, office supplies, telephone expenses and energy bills.
Part Successful / Some information not held
1. We can confirm that office accommodation provided for trade union duties equates to one office at 28 square meters.
With regards to subsequent questions on valuation of the space, or council levies for the space, we can confirm that this information is not held by The National Archives.
2. We don't account for any costs separately; therefore The National Archives does not hold any information on the costs met for those members of staff on trade union facility time.
For interest, we publish on our website information responses to corporate FOI requests. Please see a link to this page and a previous FOI request regarding trade unions - nationalarchives.gov.uk/foi/money-paid-trade-unions-the%20national%20archives.htm