Access to Archives

Part of the UK archives network

Jesmond Synagogue

The hierarchical structure of this catalogue is shown below. See the entire contents of the catalogue

Reference C.NC84
Covering dates 1915-1986
Held by Tyne and Wear Archives Service
Extent 8 series + 5 files
Conditions of access Depositor's consent required for access to these records.
Source of acquisition Accessions 916 (part), 1064 (part), 1704 (part), 2080 (part), 2232 (part), 2310 (part), 2426, 2842 (part), 3374 (part)
Creators Jesmond Synagogue, Jesmond

Administrative history:
Originally conceived as a branch of the Leazes Park Synagogue for families who had moved out of the city centre, but eventually founded in 1914 as an independent congregation. The synagogue, in Eskdale Terrace, was opened in 1915. In 1973 it became part of the new United Hebrew Congregation, and subsequently closed.

The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of Tyne and Wear Archives Service
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2014

The records described on this page are held by Tyne and Wear Archives Service