Access to Archives

Part of the UK archives network

Parish records: Sayers Common to Slinfold

The hierarchical structure of this catalogue is shown below. See the entire contents of the catalogue

Reference Par
Covering dates 1526-2004
Held by West Sussex Record Office
Extent 14 Sub-fonds
Conditions of access Records are open for consultation unless otherwise indicated

Folder icon  SHOREHAM, ST. GILES  Par/172  [n.d.]

These documents are held at West Sussex Record Office

Source of acquisition: The items in sections 1, 3 and 7 were deposited by the incumbent, January 1987

Creator(s): Church of England, Shoreham St Giles Parish, West Sussex

Administrative history:
The chapel of St. Giles, built in 1906, was used almost exclusively for Steyning Union Workhouse (later Southlands Hospital) until the formation of an ecclesiastical district in 1934.
It remained the official hospital chapel until 1984. In March 1985 the Conventional District of St. Giles was dissolved and brought into the parish of Kingston Buci

The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of West Sussex Record Office
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2014

The records described on this page are held by West Sussex Record Office