Access to Archives

Part of the UK archives network

ARCHIVE OF THE GRANTHAM FAMILY OF BARCOMBE


The hierarchical structure of this catalogue is shown below. See the entire contents of the catalogue

Reference GRA
Former reference GRA
Covering dates [1702]-1937
Held by East Sussex Record Office



Folder icon  Settlement  GRA/2/1  5 Dec 1706

These documents are held at East Sussex Record Office

Former reference: GRA/2/1

Contents:
John Lucas of Barcombe, yeoman, to Thomas Barnard the younger of Lewes, gent, and Thomas Attree of Glynde, yeoman, in trust for JL for life remainder successively in tail to his three sons John Lucas, Edward Lucas and Francis Lucas a moiety of the manor of Camois Court; piece of pasture called The Half Yard (14a 0r 22p); adjoining piece of meadow (10a 2r 10p), Lower Northland otherwise The Five Acres (4a 3r 24p), The Long Slip (3a 3r 0r), The Round Field (3a 3r 0p), The Long Mead otherwise Three Acre Brook (3a 3r 0p), The Harland Mead (7a 3r 0p), The Chelworth (15a 2r 28p)The Round Mead otherwise Brook, in two parts (3a 0r 20p), all in Barcombe, occupied by James Attree W: Thomas Medley, Edward Medley, Peter Marchant


No further details   Letters of administration (Lewes) of the estate of Edward Lucas of Barcombe, granted to his niece Mary wife of William Shadwell  GRA/2/2  22 Jun 1776
No further details   Letters of administration (Lewes) of the estate of Mary Lucas of Barcombe, widow, granted to her daughter Ann Lucas  GRA/2/3  3 Feb 1785
No further details   Final concord specified by GRA 2/7  GRA/2/8  1808
No further details   Counterpart of GRA 2/8  GRA/2/9  [n.d.]
No further details   Final concord specified by GRA 2/10  GRA/2/11  1814
No further details   Copy extract of the entry for Camois Court Farm, owned by William Lucas Shadwell, from the Barcombe Tithe Award of 11 Oct 1839  GRA/2/17  [c1845]
No further details   Plan for an abstract of title to Camois Court Farm, 1706-1845  GRA/2/23  [c1850]
No further details   Envelope formerly used as wrapper for GRA 2/1-26  GRA/2/27  c1900

The records described on this page are held by East Sussex Record Office