St Saviour, Pimlico and Holy Trinity, Vauxhall Bridge Road
|Source of acquisition
||Records deposited on permanent loan by Rev D Schuld, Priest-in-Charge and PCC of St Saviour Pimlico, St George's Square, London SW1; accession 1473 on 30 October 1986 and accession 1504 on 7 May 1987 and accession 1575 by Rev R J Rogers on 13 July 1989
||Church of England, St Saviour, Pimlico; Church of England, Holy Trinity Parish, Vauxhall Bridge Road Westminster
St Saviour, Pimlico was built by Thomas Cundy. The foundation stone was laid on 20 June 1863 and the church was consecrated on 16 July 1864. The parish was combined with St James-the-Less, Thorndike Street in 1974.
Holy Trinity, Vauxhall Bridge Road (also known as Holy Trinity, Bessborough Gardens) was built by J L Pearson on land given to the parish by Thomas Cubitt. The foundation stone was laid on 8 November 1849 and the church was consecrated in 1852. During the 2nd World War the church was burnt out and it was eventually demolished in 1953.
St Saviour, Pimlico
Holy Trinity, Vauxhall Bridge Road
The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of
City of Westminster Archives Centre
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2014